Manufacture of Cortina wishbones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manufacture of Cortina wishbones

Hi all owners of Cortina based Berlinettas.
    I will now start manufacturing adjustable top wishbones for the Cortina based Berlinetta. Anyone wanting them can place an order with me for delivery in July. I will be selling the wishbones at cost price and cannot give an exact price as it depends on demand but they will not cost more than £80 + p&p each. I will only be producing this one series and only make wishbones to order. As I will be on holiday in England this July the p&p will be the standard Post Office UK rate. If you would like me to make wishbones for you, send me an email order to: james.dresch(at)hotmail.com. I will notify each buyer when the wishbones are ready just before my holiday in England with information about the total cost; I will need payment (cheque or PayPal) before posting them.

The wishbones will be manufactured in 3mm steel and professionally TIG- welded in accordance with the construction diagrams made available by Dane. They will be delivered unpainted and without bushes or track rod ends. For each wishbone you will need two standard ford bushes that cost approx. £12.95 a pair on Ebay, see: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/jake-the-must/. The bushes can be pressed into the wishbones in a vice. You will also need one Ford Transit track rod end that costs approx. £6.75 at EDS motorsport (http://www.eds-motorsport.de/shop/). The track rod ends are screwed into the threads on the wishbones to adjust the camber angle.

If you have any queries, please contact me. We will be jigging up and testing the prototype next week and intend to run the series before the end of May. Once the series is in production no further orders will be taken so if you want a pair of these wishbones, please do not wait before placing your order.
    (I hope this isn´t considered to be a classified)

Re: Manufacture of Cortina wishbones

Well done James. I hope that my measurements were close!
    I suggest that you just make one first and try it against your Cortina subframe to make sure that there are no differences where the wishbone mounts to the car. Ah , I have just though, I expect that you have measured the distance across the chassis mounts to check my figures!
    Good luck with the project !
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
    X