Editing Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Errors

Is it possible to go back and correct a message?
    If not, can one be removed, to allow a new corrected version to be added?
    Mike

Re: Editing Errors

Not on this forum, sadly.
    Only the Administrators have that power, so you have to ask Sue to do the job fo you.
    Not the best solution when it's an important detail that needs editing.

Comment

Just retripe the message in the next available box and refer to the error made above,
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

How about "proof reading" your post before sending it. The number of emails I get from people just thinking aloud drives me to distraction. Lip stall and tongue buffet we called it in my early days!
        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Guys

Lee Hunter can also edit things. We are working, slowly, on changing things so you have more control. Be patient. Don't expect it soon, I will let you know when things will get better.

Comment

Ben

Should you take your own advice (and retripe?)your message??

Comment

Ha ha! Oops!

Comment

Hi Mike

Nothing wrong in making a mistake on the forum. As Ben tells us, just go in and post a message correcting the mistake. The problem comes when someone reads the post, acts on it, then sees the post removed with out an explanation, and does not understand the mistake. When we post stuff we have to take responsibility for it. Regards Bob

Comment

You are right Bob, at the time of publication we have to take responsibility, but.....
                  Forums using phpBB software, and similar, allow the post author to make an edit, to one of their own posts, but it then tags the post with an edit date stamp.
                  Because it is so simple the author can easily add an explanation for the edit.
                  When threads are of a project in progress, of a technical nature, or over a period of time, information may come to light at a late date that is of great significance to earlier posts.
                  It may be deemed as being irresponsible to post a correction perhaps two pages down from the original, where it is out of context and may easily be glossed over by a reader perhaps months or years later.

Comment

All, if you want anything editing just call me on my mobile and I can edit it in moments.

Comment

Ditto Lee. I now have an iPhone....

Comment

OH NO it wasnt a spelling mistake. What do they call a delberate play on words?

Comment

You're just too subtle, Ben!

Comment

What me ?

Comment

Working...
                            X