Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi-type LED:s on Berlinetta

Hi,
    I have always thought that the Berlinetta needed an eye-level brake warning light and have not really been too happy about the direction indicators. I found some 12volt LED-strips on Ebay for £2.99 a pair (post free from China). I enclose two pictures. Coupling them was very simple, for the rear I just removed some of the filling strip round the rear window and replaced it with the LED:s. For the front I made 2 aluminium "trays", tie-rapped the LED:s to the front edges (bent down 1cm) and bolted and glued the trays under the wings. All LED:s are then linked up to the original wiring (make sure you get the + and - wires right). Total cost for 4 LED flashers and 2 brake brake lights £9 and I have an extra brake light for my other Berli. As they have a very low power consumption they do not noticeably affect the flash rate.
    Happy Marlin days!!
    Attached Files

Re: Audi-type LED:s on Berlinetta

Hi James,
    I like them a lot wonder what could be done with a roadster ??

Comment

Re: Audi-type LED:s on Berlinetta

Hi Lee,
      The front end should in principle be the same as the Berlinetta i.e. quite straightforward. I can supply you with pictures and measurements of the trays if you wish. As far as the rear end is concerned I don´t think I am the right person to ask. The window rubber on the hardtop is an ideal place to mount LED strips but the rear end of the Roadster, not having a hardtop, is a greater challenge for your imagination and creativity.

Comment

Working...
      X