Rover V8 Gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover V8 Gearbox

Trying to find a gearbox for my Rover V8 conversion on my Hunter and finding they are quite hard to come by, tried all the usual places online forums, ebay etc.. but no joy.

Does anybody have a good source for a suitable Rover V8 SD1 box with bell housing.

Cheers

John

Re: Rover V8 Gearbox

Hi John
    Try Rimmer Bros 01522 568000, or RPi 01603 891209, if you haven't already.

In my experience, the Rover 5-speed is a bit agricultural, though I'm sure mine would benefit from a rebuild. Given the expense of such, I wonder if you might do better looking into fitting a later Ford box. I bet someone has the appropriate adaptors. I might do the same myself. One day!

You must come along to some events, even if it's in a Eurobox, you'd still be made welcome. Likewise, if you want to see how I tackled anything on my Cabrio V8, I'm close enough for you to call in.
    Cheers - Dave

Comment

Hi Dave

Thanks for the response and your kind offer to visit you.

I take on board your comments regards the rover lt77 box. I have come to the conclusion the only safe way is to buy a rebuilt exchange unit which I can source for about £350, but this is an exchange price without bell housing, clutch fork, lever and lever extension. The difficulty seems to be to find a suitable duff box to provide the exchange and the required bell housing and other bits at sensible money given it will then need an additional £350.

The ford route is attractive but no one appears to do a mod to mate a hydraulic clutch MT75 box (which I have) to the rover V8 and the T5 box which has conversions available is circa £450 in used condition plus a conversion bell housing at circa £300.

You can see the dilema, V8 is the route I want to go and I have the engine but I don't really want to spend the best part of a grand on the box to go with it.

Cheers

John

Comment

Managed to find a suitable box so please ignore this post.

Cheers

John

Comment

Working...
        X