Newbie seeks advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie seeks advice.

Hi, I would be grateful if anyone could let me know how if the Berlinetta would be okay for a 6 ft 1 in. tall driver. I've seen one for sale in Yorkshire but don't want to travel all that way only to find it's too small.
    Any help most appreciated.
    Regards
    Dave

Re: Newbie seeks advice.

Hi Dave

6 foot people can get into a Berlinetta, if you go and see this car and find it short of leg room, you simply take the seat out, four bolts, re drill the holes in the floor to put the seat in the right place. The thing you can't do is make the car wider, when you sit in the car, you will find the right arm has nowhere to go. Great cars.

Comment

Hi Bob,

thanks for the information. Do you know if the Cabrio is much the same for room ?

Regards
      Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,
        There is not as much length in the swb Cabrio as the Berlinetta, but the lwb model will take six foot and a bit. There is a little more width in the Cabrio

Comment

Hi Dave
          I'm 6ft 1.5in and I fit in my Cabrio, but I did build it around me and the seat is set back as far as it will go.
          Good Luck

Comment

If the club chairman who is 6ft plus and 18stoneish and he can fit in to a Cabrio swb no problem anyone can.!!!!

Comment

Dave, I understand the Cabrio is wider, so it comes down to, er, how wide you are...

I'm 6'2" and a bit, and fitted into my Berli with a notch still available on the seat - plenty of leg room. Not much width, tho'...

Any Marlin owners near Swindon who Dave could visit for a trial fit?!

Comment

Dave
                I am nearly 6'4" and 18.5 stone and used the Berlinetta as my everyday car for 10 years, no problem.
                Phil

Comment

Thanks to everyone giving details of rooom in the Berlinetta and Cabrio. Hopefully will be able to visit the Newark show and may be have a sit in one.
                  Regards
                  Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X