Oh bugg*r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh bugg*r

Was maneuvering the Marlin out of the garage to get to my bike and I squished the lovely shiny filter on top of the carb from Dane Crosby that Bob Cawte is soon to fit. Anyone know if it can be bent back?
    Attached Files

Re: Oh bugg*r

I DON'T BELIEVE IT.
    Victor

Comment

You can use that special tool that nearly everyone has a "Hammer"

Comment

Oh Sue ! Look what you have done to my shiny extremity. I think that any repair attempt will leave a crease marks. The pancake filters are not expensive, I'm sure poor Bob will troll the motor factors and internet to replace it. I do have another similar part but its too big to fit under your bonnet, Er, which is why it is still on my shelf. You or Bob may still have the original Cortina air cleaner which will bolt straight on if you want to.
        Poor Sue, stick to cars and s*d the bike, well, soon anyway!
        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Driving over it really would make it a pancake filter! Or do those only work on Shrove Tuesday?
          Dave

Comment

Dane, you're right. It's a bummer. Sorry! What an idiot. It was so lovely too. I'll troll the motor factors and internet to replace it, unless my current K&N will fit?

Comment

Dave, it is indeed a true pancake. What a lemon!

Comment

Your K&N might fit. Bob may need to apply attention from some aviation snips to the filter base to make it fit neatly. Height may be a snag though. I bought a K&N for that carb which was about 15mm too tall for the bonnet to close properly...Should have measured the headroom first!
                Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
                X