Council MOT centres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council MOT centres

Did anyone know about these? It was published in "Martin's money saving website" this am

Cheap MOTs! New map of 100 hidden council test centres
    Council centres don't repair, so they've no interest in failing you, many save £100s
    It's not the cost of the test most need worry about, it's the potential £100s of repairs. Yet follow these steps to slash the cost. Step 1: Walk round your car. Sounds obvious but a staggering 1 in 5 MOTs fail due to popped light bulbs, and countless more due to windscreen wipers or oil, all easily and cheaply fixable first. Step 2: New Council Run MOTs MAP. Some mechanics can be over-zealous at fault-spotting to gain lucrative repair business. Yet many councils have MOT centres set up for their own vehicles, which by law must open to the public too. As they don't do repairs, they've no incentive to fail you. For the first time we've mapped the 100 centres across the UK. The Proof of the Pudding: We've had lots of strong feedback like this email... "Just had my car MOT'd at one of the council centres and it passed!! The first time without the usual 250 for repairs. Thanks for the tip." FULL info in the Updated Guide & Map

Use the link to get there

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot

Re: Council MOT centres

Yes, these have been around for a number of years, 15 years ago I designed and built a new central works depot for the L.A. for which I worked and the brief included a workshop with facilities for MOT testing Class 4,5&7 which basically was anything between a car and a double decker bus. Keith has outlined the advantages of the public using these facilities,I have been using such since I built my Sportster in 1997/8 and I'm sure that the full priced MOTs have been cheap MOTs in the long run

Comment

Working...
    X