Blower motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower motor

I recently fitted a small heater motor - it works well as a heater but I find it is not strong enough to demist the screen quickly. I am therefore thinking of disconnecting the demist tubes from the heater motor - so it will be used only to heat me [well and her on the other side as well] and fit a small blower motor, dedicated to demist the screen only. I thought of probably fitting this blower in the passenger footwell as far forward as possible.

Has any one done anything like this before? If yes would you please let me what make and model of blower motor you used?

I have been thinking of using a Metro heater motor as it looks looks like it can be easily detached from the heater.

Any other thoughts? Hope you can help before I start experimenting.

Re: Blower motor

Hi Roger, Check through the old Pitstops. I replaced my cortina heater with the small heater unit from CBS. I had to fabricate an ally box to hold it all but it did take up less space and heats the footwells plus demisting the windscreen.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Re: Blower motor

Hi Roger

My heater wasn't very good for about 22 years then someone reversed the polarity of the wiring and now it's blasting through! It works as a demister now. I couldn't believe the difference.

Comment

Working...
      X