Hunter Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Wheel

The wheel in the picture is one of the original wheels supplied by Marlin on my factory built Hunter. Does anyone happen to know what manufacturer they are from, as I would like to obtain a spare rim.

I know they look very similar to 3 dr Sierra Cosworth wheels but they are slightly different.

Cheers

John
    Attached Files

Re: Hunter Wheel

John
    I always thought these wheels were Compomotive cxn.
    During my build in 2003 I tried to buy some, but could only find 4 Compomotive cxn2 wheels, which is what I bought.
    Similar patterns/copies were also made by TSW and Team Dynamics. Compomotive usually stamp there brand name on the rim.
    Are you aware that a full size wheel will not fit under the hard spare wheel cover?

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter

How you doing.

I had not really considered they may be of wheel manufacturer verses vehicle manufacturer origin. I will have a look to see if there is any compomotive branding.

I know the wheel won't go under a hard wheel cover, which I have, but I am currently using the Malin made canvas cover.

The thinking was if I ever damaged one, having a spare would be good and I happen to really like the look of this style of wheel on the car.

Thanks for the input, hope to see you at one of the shows.

Regards

John

Comment

Managed to find out after confirmation from Terry at Marlin that these wheels were supplied by Ford but are no longer available. If anyone comes across one I would be interested in hearing from them.

If anyone is looking for a set of new Cabrio wheels see my ad in the misc section of the classifieds.

John

Comment

Working...
        X