Turned sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turned sheet

Does anyone know of a supplier of Aluminium of Stainless steel sheet steel that has been turned giving the swirl effect. I only know of Europer spares.

Re: Turned sheet

It may be a terminology confusion Back in the day it was called engine turning, it seems that the current name is circle polish. I bought some for a commercial kitchen many years ago and cannot remember the supplier but it might have been Smiths Metals.
    It might be worth doing an ebay/internet search for stainless splashbacks.

Comment

Hi Lee,
      Try Droitwich Aluminium,if they don't stock it I'm sure they will point you in the right direction. Another thought, try Terry Matthews, my sportster dash came from them as part of the kit.
      Tim H

Comment

Lee

Richard Austin Alloys in Cross Green Leeds used to do it. They have website if you google them.

John

Comment

Hi Lee,

A rotary wire brush in an electric drill does the job.
          (Not one that is wires on the edge of a disk but one that looks like a very thick circular paint brush)

Comment

I have found ebay item 110434038291
            I might be doing some mods myself with this.

Comment

Hi Lee
              I made my own dash panels and used grinding paste on the end of a dowl with a pistol drill.
              A pedestal drill is better as you can produced a more regular pattern. How big a piec do you need to have?

Comment

Hi Lee,
                CBS describe engine turned finish on one of their newsletters. They superglue a disc of Scotchbrite to an old one inch inlet valve. This is mounted in a bench drill set to low revs. Liberally apply WD40 and gently score the ally surface. I have not tried this but all the details are on their web based catalogue page 253.
                Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

I used the turned Ali from Europa for my Sportster dash. It was fine. Don't use stainless if you can avoid it. It is a real b*gger to drill or shape in any way.

Robin

Comment

Thanks all some research me thinks tonight,
                    Derek I need a piece roadster dash size and a piece for a bit under the heater.
                    Was going to make some but if I can get it made all the better.

Comment

Thanks Steve you may of found me what im looking for.....

Comment

Hi Lee
                        If you don't find what your looking for. Give me the dash and ill turn it for you. If anyone can remember my JZR and the dash on that?

Comment

Working...
                        X