Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car colours

hi all.
    after 20+ years of having the car in yellow i think its time for a change .at the monent its in inca yellow [leyland colour] and i want to change to red what colour red have you used car make and colour.
    thanks bob

Re: car colours

A nice red is audi tornado red it looks a solid sort of color if you know what i mean.
    Some reds can look very plasticish and the marlins shape helps to add to the illusion even more so.
    If it as to be red go audi tornado.
    Myself it is green or maybe a darkish blue but green is winning at the moment. LOL!

Comment

A few reds to ponder
      Attached Files

Comment

I too have been pondering colour for teh ROmero, my thoughts are to go black unless anyone can suggest a reason why not!

Comment

Its a big decision to make as once its painted you have to live with it.
          My Cabro was a Rover 800 silver colour and got it repainted a Saab metallic grey colour but which has a gold mist fleck at different angles depending on light. I would pay the extra to go for a metallic colour and pick one that looks classy and is different to any other coloured Marlin as it will make you feel its your pride and joy and no one else has the same colour.

If I was to repaint the car again I might go for a King fisher blue or a gold mist colour. If you look at the Club forum cars pictures it might give you some choices.

Comment

cameron

I was always told Black shows every spec of dust and dirt. Unless you are a fanatical polisher, Black is going to be hard work. Metallic black is better than solid black though.

Comment

I went black a metllic black a honda 2009 colour used on the Civic etc, it has a deep bronze in it.
              ow and yes I am a fanatical polisher !!! but it puts a day in.
              Attached Files

Comment

And another

Comment

Thanks Lee - Im sold!

Comment

Hi Cameron send me your email and I will send some proper pictures....

Comment

Cameron.
                      I once had a black Vectra, it was nice when new but a bugger to keep clean, even when you washed and polished it, it always has a dusty covering on it and it shows all the tiny chips and marks and I will never buy a black car again to keep.

Comment

hi
                        ive got a black astra at the moment when its clean it looks the dogs kahoonas only trouble its never clean.lol

Comment

I did have a black MR2 (sw20 - the nice one) which was black - and i cleaned it till my hands fell off! lovely, my son now has a black MX5 which I clean for him (all too regularly!!!) so i am up for the challenge! Lee - its cfurnival (at) btinternet dot com - and many thnaks in advance!

Comment

Cameron!
                            Its bad enough when the Mrs does their washing
                            he will never leave home if you wash his car aswell.
                            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

thats so true...he did leave to go to uni but he came back!

Comment

Working...
                              X