Panel fitting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel fitting ?

Trying to stop as much oxidization of my alloy panels as possible, and stop as much movement of the same as i can( not that i expect a deal ).
    I have decided where any panel touches the frame to use double sided badge tape of appropriate width to stop any steel chassis to panel contact.
    Main chassis as lots of black paint and at the moment the alloy panels are etch primed inside and out, now do i stick the badge tape straight to the primer and potentially avoid any lack of adhesion of the top coat then spray or even brush on some color inside the panels, or am i just being too fussy?
    Next question! The fiber glass panels are just exposed matting inside like most glass panels should i paint or finish them in some way? i was thinking stone chip or some thing like that, i have seen paint flaking off the inside of fiber glass boats inside before and want to try and avoid this if i can, any thoughts please?

Re: Panel fitting ?

various companies supply rubberised goop to paint on exposed under-parts of GRP bodywork which gives a good protective coating. It is easier to apply with the panels off the car. Try CBS and suchlike.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Re: Panel fitting ?

It is important that you larrap something under the wings otherwise stone chips will cause little star bursts in the paintwork topside

Comment

Working...
      X