New Sidescreens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sidescreens

Pics attached of my sidescreens, still trialling them but so far working well.
    I made male "moulds" and built up strips of fibreglass mat,then covered with P38 and smoothed & painted. Windows are Lexan.
    Drivers gives 120mm extra for the elbow, the passenger side only 90mm, the 15mm foam lagging fits quite well to the hood.

Now thinking about a hardtop - Ally or f/glass?
    Attached Files

Re: New Sidescreens

Dave,
    They look really good. Is the hood a good fit when up and the doors close and open ok ?.
    Are they easy to remove from the door if required ?.

Comment

They look good but I haven't got any doors Dave !!

Comment

Ooh! They look great!

Comment

Bob, you will see them at Derbys. Currently held on by the screws that hold the door panels on, I am wondering if I shall need to put alloy brackets as stiffeners and strengtheners underneath on the outside and screw to the door, but so far the vibration/wobbles are not a problem and the door panel screws are holding. The doors open & close fine, the hood is a relatively loose fit on the screens and the foam should take the rain away to the outside....not yet tried torrential rain. The paint doesn't stick well onto the foam so maybe I'll scrape it all off and leave the grey colour.

Greg, must congratulate you on the job you are doing. I've been watching the website with interest, well done. Look forward to seeing the finished car.

Comment

Working...
          X