Marina front wheel stud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina front wheel stud

OOOPPPS, while changing my trunions, wheel bearings and pads I have just broken a front wheel stud. Well they are 36 years old. Can anyone come to the rescue, I only need one. More than happy to pay. Adrian

Re: Marina front wheel stud

Sorry I thought I had a spare, after the "Great wheel off" saga, see Pitstops passim, I must have given it to someone else. They are available from Rimmer bros, you need to ask for a Herald , Toledo or Spitfire wheel stud.

Comment

I sold all my 3/8 studs. I have a set of 7/16 lying around somewhere.

Comment

What length stud? I have some standard length ones I just knocked out of my spare axle kicking about somewhere (whatever std length is)...
        Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Jez, as I remember they were 1 3/8" under the head.

Comment

Morning everyone, I think mine are 7/16 but its been so long I can't really remember. They are the originals from a 1974 Marina and I have the original Cosmics as supplied by Marlin.

Comment

I have found some on ebay. Correct part number as well.

Many thanks to all those who replied, you can always count on a Marlin Owner helping another.

Adrian

Comment

Watch the length...the standard Marina studs I have are 3/8 by 1.25" (c32mm). And I added longer ones to suit Cosmics...if the studs you are buying are OE fitment for Triumph they will probably be too short. CanleyClassics & Jigsaw both offer extended 47mm items.
                Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Working...
                X