Chassis Plate for my Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis Plate for my Roadster

Hi, all. Have just realised that I do not have a chassis plate for the roadster, can I get one from you or ???? HELP thanks gregg
    Attached Files

Re: Chassis Plate for my Roadster

Is it a case of can't find it or you have not got one?

It should be on a smallplate welded to the nearside chassis leg between tie bar and the lower arm.
    If you know your chassis number why not just stamp a plate and rivet it in position.

Comment

Steve that is not where the plate is on a MKI

Comment

Ahhh. Mk 1.
        So is it here then http://marlinownersclub.com/forum_images/3932a.jpg if it has one.

Comment

N/S bulkhead on most Triumphs.
          Danny.

Comment

Now Now gentlemen, settle down please..... Did not find one when re-building. Will look on the nearside chassis leg to see though. I assume therefore, that there is not an 'Issue' plate. I can easily make one up and stamp it, but would like an origonal Mk 1 if there is one. Steve Green please send me a photo of that jpeg. greggpearson(at)supanet.com Thansk Gregg

Comment

Your mk1 chassis number is 1185 and should be punched into the nearside bulkhead upturn.But I doubt if that is the vin number on the V5c Ideally the vin number should be punched into the actual chassis but Im sure a neat little plate will suffice.
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

couldnt attach pic too large will email tommorrow sorry.

Comment

Thanks ben, emailed you back today. The V5C is correct with 1185 as the Chassis No. but no VIN listed on the paperwork.
                  Getting the bonnet to fit properly at the moment and stop flapping like a leaf in the wind when you open it. I am also still looking for a Marlin grille badge if anyone has one. I missd the one on eBay, *********er. When I bought it it still had the wooden letters of MARLIN at the bottom of the grille, well what was left of them anyway.
                  Gregg

Comment

Hi Gregg, Will try to send pics again when I work out whats not working.
                    The kit chassis number should be punched into the engine bay side of the bulkhead on the near side of the 3 inch upturn that runs across the car.
                    Marlin cars did have a stock of the chrome Marlin badge but not if they still have any. Some people have had one cut from stainless.

Comment

Me again,
                      V5c section 4 Item E Vin/chassis/frame No.
                      That number is the Vin number. My car is the same and only has a four didgit number. Just make a plate up that can be read easily by the MOT man.

Comment

Working...
                      X