Marina based Roadster rear diff/axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marina based Roadster rear diff/axle

Someone obviously knows, keep it to yourself at present, lets see if Lee knows.

Comment

Hi I'm new here. Does anyone know what ratio a standard 1.7 Ital diff is?
      Mine seems to rev very hard, 5000rpm is giving approx 70mph.Is this low?

Comment

Feels like a van axle...

1.7 Ital should be 3.63:1...which should deliver 70mph at 3688rpm (on 185/70/13 tyres). A 4.11 diff (Marina 1.3) would give 70mph at 4168rpm.

Assuming you have the correct diff ratio 5000rpm should deliver c95mph...or about 85mph if you have the 4.11...how accurate is the speedo?

And then then it's possible you might have the 3.89 fitted to the 1.3 A+ engined Ital...but it seems probable you've got a van axle with a 4.56 ratio and 70mph at 4625rpm.

Was the car used for trialling in the past?
        Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Hi John,
          If it is from a van maybe you could do a deal with Jim Bounden. Saw a post from him in September looking for a half shaft. He was finding it hard to find one at the time.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I will double check rpm/mph and maybe invest in a new diff.Just spoke to the guy with the overdrive for sale as well and counting my pennies.

Comment

Working...
            X