electric rad fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric rad fan

does anybody know what radiator cooling fans where used on a mid 80s marlin looks like its of a car rather than aftermarket or what aftermarket one fits mine has given up

Re: electric rad fan

Have you tried to put a direct feed to you fan wire by-passing the relay or switch control as to make sure its the fan that has failed ?.
    If the fan has failed I would try you local scrappy or you can buy new from ebay, europaspares, car builder solutions plus many other vintage/kitcar supplies.

Comment

The most popular add on cooling fan was the kenlow fan i would think back then that would have been the one most went for, but by the time the marlins came on the scene, quite common cars were fitted with electric cooling fans that were slim and compact the early datsun cheery 100As they were a common fit back in the day, then the fiestas got them, and all the rest followed.
      Now what yours as on is obviously a wild guess without seeing it and even then not guaranteed to be instantly recognizable..
      I would look at fitting a different fan off a more common car of today. Pick a slim light fan. A good one would be the Renault clio cooling fan it is slim as they come weighs i doubt 2lb and is plentiful and cheap. it also in the DF7 engine as a frame that would mount to virtually any rad with a frame at the side and take up no room. .

Comment

im using a sierra one - its made by kenlowe - i have a spare too :-)

Comment

Working...
        X