• Show
Clear All

• Dimensions & weights

Has anyone got the following data for Marlin Roadsters please?:

Wheelbase: 8'LWB; SWB 7' 6"
    Track front:
    Track rear:
    Weight empty:
    (for T, M, T/M Series, with named engines: 1800cc B Series, 1.3 A Series; Ford Pinto & Fiat 2 Litre).

A data box on the website for such 'typical' Roadsters would be very useful (I know there is no such thing as typical).

I am trying to work out what size and rated trailer I'd need to move one. I've got a single axle 1000kg capacity trailer, but it only has a 10foot long loadbed (so probably won't balance OK?)

Cheers
    Mike

Re: Dimensions & weights

Info from old brochure'
    Car length 136in SWB 142LWB
    wheel Base 92in 98in
    width Mk1 triumph 56in
    Mk2 60in
    weight 1.3 & 4cyl Triumph 1450lbs
    1.8 & 6 cyl 1570lbs
    Most roadsters are around the 50/50 on weight balance so you should be able to adjust the nose weight to suit your tow car.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

At the last MOT my LWB 2.0 5-spd came in at 860kg with a 70kg MOT inspector aboard. Weight distribution was 47(F)/53(R).
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

I hired a trailer from HSS to bring mine from Glenrothes down to Birmingham. It was a bit big for the YKC roadster, OK for the 2 tie down straps that wrap around the wheels but the two that just loop over the top didn't really have a good position to attach to the trailer because of the narrow track of the roadster. I ended up putting these two over the wheels and down onto the back axle, so I might need to change the rear brake pipes.

The main advantage of using HSS for me was I could collect the trailer in Kirkcaldy and then drop it off at Solihull, without any extra charges, so I only needed a 1 day hire and didn't need to make a return journey.

Had some problem with trailer wiring on the van we used, so it delayed the start of the journey. So try and check yours before you start. Trailer itself was in very good condition.

Comment

Hi Mike and Mark
          How about joining MOC ?
          A £15 sub now will buy you 8 magazines and you wont owe another penny until Jan 2010. You can also get a discount off insurance and some spares - it could be the best £15 you have ever invested !!
          Regards

Comment

Working...
          X