dolly rear axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dolly rear axle

having fitted the dolly axle I now need to nail it down in a better fashion.four link seems like one solution but having seen Lees set-up [or some of it] on the forum it could be a lot less hassle as axle tramp is my main concern. Any help with pictures or plans would be much appreciated main

Re: dolly rear axle

My experience with a tuned B series 1800 and a dolly sprint axle suggests that fitting new Superlex bushes to the leaf springs and a pair of adjustable shocks does a lot to eliminate axle movement.
    Still an interesting idea though.....

Comment

Hi Alan I have a quite highly modded lotus twincam and fitting the tramp bars and panard rod is one of the best mods i have done. I can not get any tramp at all even doing silly things on dry tarmac.
      Give me a buzz and I can give you more info

Comment

With a B Series (untuned) & 4-speed 'box I used to get tramp on take-off...not huge but noticeable. With a T16 & Type 9 (160lb/ft torque at 2800rpm) I've not experienced any significant tramp at all (yet!).

I can only put this down to the T9 gearbox mount, which is a lot stiffer than the stock Marina mount (allied with a reinforcing cross-member for the box). Everything else is as before...
        Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Perhaps Jez has a point as I also have a type 9 and stiffer gearbox mount to suit. I guess that Lee's Lotus/Ford car is also type 9 equipped.

Perhaps thats the answer.

Comment

Yeah type nine box set up, I have to have everything located tight as my tunnel is very narrow to have wide seats in
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X