Brake Servo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Servo

I suspect my servo is playing up, when I depress the pedal slightly there is a hissing noise, the exhaust is not smoky. The brake fluid level has also dropped. I have yet to check for external leaks but I feel it is unlikely there are two faults starting at the same time.

Does anyopne know where I can get the servo repaired? Does anyone know where I can buy another servo. If the answer to both is "don't know" what is the solution - a remote servo. The next question is - where will it fit?

Many thanks Roger

Re: Brake Servo

Hi Roger,
    Powertrack Brakes may be able to help.
    http://www.powertrackbrakes.co.uk/brakes.html

Also MGBhive do remote servos and they are on Ebay
    It may be worth speaking to either of them to get their advice.
    Good Luck.

Regards Austin

Comment

Re: Brake Servo

Roger

What servo do you have, if its a Sierra unit there are loads on ebay that pop up. If its a Metro servo there is a guy on ebay that regularly sells new ones (NOS) I got one for my Hunter, cost me £15.00 and was brand new never used or fitted.

As regards the remote servo, you may have problems if you have split circuit brakes as they don't work with a remote servo.

I would start by having a good look at all your hose connections to the servo from the inlet manaifold and check all your brake system for fluid leaks. A faulty servo would not give you fluid loss so if its dropping there must be a leak somewhere.

John

Comment

Working...
      X