Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cologne axle

cologne axle
    hi chaps this is my axle i am using on my marlin, can some one ID it for me is it a cologne ,it has a tin plate on it with these numbers on (3.75 , p72b6,and OR some thing like this bad to see (034 bae)or (ae) and is it any good

Re: cologne axle

Comment

i will be in tuch soon tim regarding membership

Comment

Sounds to me like my Atlas axle. Cortina 2 litre, possibly estate. 3.75:1. The smaller engined Cortinas used the English axle which was not as strong.
        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Artyis,
          It is difficult from your picture to be absolutely certain but I believe that what you have is what Ford called a "Type B Salisbury". With its 3.75:1 ratio it was fitted to all (and only) 2000cc models and is (as Dane has already stated) stronger than the "Type A". The drive pinion flange of the "B type" fits almost flush with the front casing, the "A type" doesn't. The "B type" casing also has a protruding flange on the rear face for the cover plate to be bolted onto (the type A rear cover fits almost flush with the casing). If unsure see the Haynes Cortina MkIV manual p.121. Don't buy the Haynes manual, borrow one at the library and use the money you saved on the MOC membership ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X