hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardtop

after ten years happy motoring i finally sold my berli,however the new owner didnt take the hardtop.if anyone out there would like one in need of full restoration its here for the taking however it would be collection only.ps i am partial to a drop or two of wine. cheers eddie

Re: hardtop

Hello Eddie,
    Yes Please.
    Can you please forward your e mail address to tim.hawkesworth[at]talktalk.net
    Thank you

Comment

Eddie, did you get rid of your hardtop as i am interested, please send me your tel number and i will contact, thanks Keith

Comment

hi keith,i have had some contact with tim hawksworth but seem to have now lost contact dont know whether or not he has recieved my emails so if i dont hear rom him on here in the next few days then your quite welcome to it, cheers eddie

Comment

Eddie, thanks, if you send me a contact tel number i can ring and arrange my email is str11ker(at)btinternet.comm cheers Keith.

Comment

Strange, dont know why the email address came printed incorrectly, here's the correct one,
            str11ker(at)btinternet.com

Comment

Hi keith my email to you has been sent back with a delay notice.you can phone me on 01612822214.I am going to the lakes on sunday if i can get it in my motorhome would that help any,going as far as jun 36 cheers eddie

Comment

Eddie, thanks for the offer of the hardtop, its a pity that its had a sunroof fitted in the past, i already have one that needs the old sunroof hole filled in. so this one would be wasted on myself, I'll just have to keep looking for one that hasn,t had a sunroof fitted in the past. I will put the feelers out for you as someone in the club will want one, with or without a sunroof, thanks again for the offer, much appreciated, Keith davidson.

Comment

Probably a very daft question but how far off fitting a Roadster (LWB) is the Berli hardtop?
                  Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Hi Simon,
                    Anything can be done, but in this case I think it would be better to start from scratch. I was talking to a member only last week who has made an alloy hard top for his roadster. He retained the hood frame and using six pieces of alloy and rivets made his hard top. The finish is black so it looks like a soft top.
                    Danny.

Comment

Thanks Danny. I have always wondered if it would be possible to adapt the Berli hardtop for the Roadster. Obviously not without a chop and shut job from your comments. Maybe one day I will have enough time to tackle the fabrication of a hard top. I am lucky enough to work for a British Manufacturer(yes, some still exist!) of construction equipment and we have a Metal Fabrication Department that I could use, so no excuses really. Except that I am a pen pusher!
                      Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

i have a hard top berlinetta for sale.
                        http://marlinowners.hqforums.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X