Yorkshire Meet 06 March 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkshire Meet 06 March 2011

Hi people. Last time we met we agreed to pencil in 06 March for the next one.

I have so far not come up with any alternative location, however I understand that as of today the Air Museum intends to be running engines on both the Victor and Nimrod aircraft on 06 March.

These will not be taxying runs, purely engine exercising, but I think worthwhile to see/hear.

Opinions please onto this thread.....Liz and I are away from 03 Feb and back in time to go to the Shindig, so I thought it is timely to put this up, and I'll check the thread on our return.

I would hope that once again we can have reduced admission charges, and this can be checked nearer the time when there is an idea of numbers.

Best Wishes to all DC

PS Any other ideas/suggestions welcomed.

Re: Yorkshire Meet 06 March 2011

So how can I edit the title into 2011 ?
    Sue can you help please ?

DOOOOOOOHHHHHHH !

Comment

Hi DC sorted
      R
      Lee

Comment

We intend going again and I will take camera this time!!!!!!!
        Have a good hol.
        Regards Liz

Comment

Where will this be Dave?

Comment

Hi Andy. The Yorkshire Air Museum, Elvington, was chosen by default last time, and in the absence of anywhere else I am suggesting we meet there again.......but of course I don't have the monopoly on ideas, so someone please come up with an alternative ! As an aviation nut I'm quite happy to go to YAM again !

Talk to you when we're back from hols,
            Rgds
            DC

Comment

Dave
              Apologies for hijacking this thread. I have two of the magazine articles you require - Which Kit August 1995 and the February 1994 copy of Kitcars International.If you can let me have your address I'll get photocopies to you .My e mail is alison.hogg2 at ntlworld.com or 01332 753000

Comment

Will be attending on the 6th though possibly in a non Marlin tin box.

Pete Crowther

Comment

We are intending to come too. It's about time I came to!!
                  Dave & Caroline

Comment

OK then, so far it looks like :
                    Doug & Liz Billings (with camera!)
                    Dave & Caroline Kitson
                    Pete Crowther
                    Dave Cunnington
                    John & Evelyn Mulvaney (possibles)
                    David & Pat Spolton (possibles)
                    Andy Rogers (?)

Sorry, I'm tied up until 25th but will check this thread then, and also talk to the Museum to confirm about aircraft engine runs, and reduced admission charges.
                    More info 26th Rgds DC

Rgds
                    DC

Comment

John & Margaret Catlin are hoping to come as well

Comment

Dave,I hope to be there but will be in the US until Friday, so depends on how late I get back. Am itching to give the Marlin a run out - currently SORNed but back on the road from 1st March.

Comment

Sorry people, cannot talk to the Air Museum permanent staff until tomorrow Monday morning. Volunteer staff today knows nothing about aircraft engine runs next Sunday!
                          I suggest we plan to go anyway, arrival 1030-1100, and I will put up more info tomorrow...meantime Google Yorkshire Air Museum if you want more info

Rgds
                          DC

Comment

Hi Dave, I have every intention of coming, but at this point I am not sure who with or whether on my own.
                            - Do I need my passport to cross the Pennines?
                            Tony Green

Comment

Passport not required Tony - but bring your wallet !

Entry will be £4 per car, if not in a Marlin bring your MOC card, parking in an area designated for us - Cameras !

Museum opens 10am, aircraft engine runs still expected, no details or times.

The NAAFI will ensure they cook enough food to cover our party, I guess most of us will need sustenance.

Weather forecast looking promising...I've fixed my misfiring, now just need to sort out some cooked wires in the lighting circuits, so hopefully in the Marlin

BTW If anyone has any Marlin stuff or pics for me to copy for the archives, please bring it (or on a disc)

See you Sunday DC

Comment

Working...
                              X