Cosmic Ribster Steel Inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmic Ribster Steel Inserts

Sod's law strikes...refitting the wheels and discover that 2 of the steel inserts which the wheel nuts bolt up against have sheared (only 1 wheel affected). Now whilst I can "borrow" some from my spare that leaves me with no spare...

...has anyone got any idea where these might be obtainable from..? Or has anyone got an otherwise scrap / surplus Cosmic wheel for sale with intact inserts?

Thanks

Jez
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: Cosmic Ribster Steel Inserts

Jez can you not get one machined ??? and then pressed into the wheel.

Comment

Problem solved - discovered that Minilite wheels are manufactured about 4 miles from home. Called in earlier and they were happy to supply some inserts they use for Mini wheels which are identical (incidentally they also own the rights to Cosmic)...and considerably cheaper than getting some machined up.
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

There was a problem with some Ribster wheels supplied by Marlin in that when the wheel nuts were done up tight against the insert it wasnt holding the wheel tight due to the insert being loose or possibly too long. Also check that you have the correct taper on wheel nuts.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
        X