Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlinetta C20XE conversion

Hello all,

I am looking into doing the above conversion and would like to know if anyone has done this already, i usually do other vauxhall conversions so this is something new for me.

Any help would be great.

Thanks alot David.

Re: Berlinetta C20XE conversion

Hi David,
    I think you are probably the first to opt for this engine in a Berlinetta. In fact, probably any Marlin. It is a popular choice though for the locost / Caterham / Westfield boys. I would try the locost forum for any technical questions you have. I did consider this engine for the roadster but ended up going Fiat twin cam. I found SBD motorsport really helpful.
    http://www.sbdev.co.uk/SBD%20Motorsport%20Display.htm
    They have all the bits for RWD conversion.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Hi David
      I don't have a clue about this engine, but I'm going to look into it. If you do this engine swap. keep us posted, thanks.

Comment

Great idea...I considered the Vauxhall 2.0 for my Roadster but went Rover in the end. Why not make it simple & buy a complete 2.0 Omega and use the entire Ecotec engine/box combo? Almost an XE...but not quite...and having the donor car can make the process of wiring a little easier.

Good luck...and look forward to the write-up.
        Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Hi David, I have read about a Vauxhall powered Berlinetta, but I do not think it was this engine. Also Mark Matthews built a Sportster with a Vauxhall engine, but again I am not sure which engine. Would you use the Vauxhall gearbox or use a bell house to convert to a Ford box? I would be interested to hear of your progress.
          Regards
          Danny.

Comment

Sportster had a V6 Omega engine and gearbox. It was yellow. Reg number R404 NTA.
            Attached Files
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Working...
            X