nearly stolen update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nearly stolen update

Thanks for all the help on nearly stolen My problems have got worse.
    the car wont start. I reckon it something to do with the pertronix electronic points (model 22x v4)
    we also lost power to the the back of the ignition switch,perhaps short circuit on the pertronix.

Re: nearly stolen update

1/ You need to study the wiring diagram that Steve sent you from the last post.
    If you still had the ignition lights staying on with all the wires disconnected from the ignition switch. THEN this is the first thing to sort out in the mean time you must disconnect the battery otherwise it will go flat as well as well as possibly cooking the ignition system and coil.

2/ Once you have sorted out the ignition staying on ensure the battery is fully charged.

3/ Then check you have a feed from the Brown wire at the ignition switch. Bypass the switch and connect to the white wire and now the ignition lights should come on and you should have a live feed at the coil + terminal. If not check the connections on the fuse box. The ignition coil runs from this but doesnt use the fuse. If this is all OK reconnect the ignition switch with the wires in the correct order as per my previous reply.

4/ Pull the king lead(centre HT lead) from the distibutor and spin the engine over for just a few turns with the end of the lead close to an earth ( use insulated pliers) and check for a spark. If you still havnt got a spark its either the coil or the ignition pack and the only alternative is to buy a new coil and some points.

5/ You need to be systamatic and work through the above in order and if all this fails I suggest you find a friendly mechanic.

Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Re: nearly stolen update

I do hope he has fixed it !
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
      X