ARB D-Rubber Mounting Recess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB D-Rubber Mounting Recess

Does anyone have a dimension for the recess in the chassis box section on a donor Sierra where the front ARB D-rubbers locate. I seem to think that on my old 1987 Sierra this was about 6 to 8mm deep? The last time I renewed the bushes (O/E rubber)on my Hunter I seem to think that the flat plates that Marlin weld to the chassis were either flat or had only a very shallow recess, resulting in a lot of compression of the D-bushes. These have subsequently worn badly around the Anti Roll bar. As part of my 24mm "downgrade" to reduce roll stiffness I would like to sort this at the same time. The dimension that I need can be obtained by putting a small straight edge across the bolt locating faces and measuring the depth with a 6" rule. It also seems that Ford have modified the design of the D-rubbers and U-clamps as they now have a ridge on the rubber and a groove in the U-clamp to improve lateral location. Peter.

Re: ARB D-Rubber Mounting Recess

Hi Peter, I can\'t help with the measurement but I recently replaced my ARB\'s with Black Poly bushes and the suppliers set the wrong bits. They replaced them f.o.c. and I have 2 sets of the large ARB bush that you are welcome to if you want them. At some stage Ford changed the bush sizes and mine were the small ones. I think these might also fit the Granada. The other thing to watch out for is that they also changed the bolt size on the inbound bush from 10mm to 12mm. Are you going to Stoneleigh? I would think there should be a few Sierra\'s about for you to attack with a ruler plus more folk selling bushes than you can throw a stick at

Comment

Working...
    X