Diagnostics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnostics

I had my 1.8 Zetec Omex ecu re-programmed from the initial start up arrangement carried out by Omex at manufacturer.

Since then and despite staring up well it will not idle when cold and there is a flat spot when warm and cold at about 1700 up to about 2200 Rev/Min. Is it possible for me to diagnose which sensor it is [since it did run well to start with]? The only electrical equipment I have is a pretty good Fluke meter which I can use to measure resistances and voltages at various positions in the circuit.

Does anyone have test figures? Does anyone know if I can buy/hire diagnostic equipment?

Many thanks Roger

Re: Diagnostics

Just out of interest Roger why did you have the ecu re-programmed? And have the problems only appeared since then? Also what sensors are fitted - coolant temp/air temp/MAP/TPS etc..? Is there an idle valve & if so what sort - stepper/bimetallic etc etc.

Have you downloaded the Omex software & plugged the ECU in to see what is going on...or what might have changed..?

Also worth checking all the various manifold hoses are firmly attached (possible air leaks in the MAP sensor/idle valve lines) and that the TPS is correctly setup.

As regards testing sensors the coolant/air temps can be tested with ice water/boiling water & a multi-meter, but the Omex software should(?) show the values the ECU is seeing in any event.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Re: Diagnostics

If you have a local friendly garage why not ask them to see if there is a OBDCII fault code that can be read from the ECU?

Comment

Working...
      X