Marina parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina parts

Just MOT\'ed my new (to me) Roadster. It scraped through after a partial rewire of the headlamp circuits and the fitting of a foglamp but I\'ve got advisories on the front suspension lower swivel and one of the brake calipers is marginally weaker than the other. The front end is Marina/Ital. After some trawling around t\'internet I still haven\'t found anybody that looks like a solid parts stockist. Can somebody advise please ?

Re: Marina parts

Mike
    e bay usually has plenty of front suspension trunnions or try EARLPART. Pastparts or BIGGRED for calipers/repair kits. Calipers generally respond to strip /clean /reseal but if you don\'t like the idea of messing with brake hydraulics remanufactured items can be purchased probably on an exchange basis[I rebuild my own so not sure on that]

Comment

Congrats on MOT.

Front lower swivels/trunnions frequently get ignored and ungreased. Hence loads of corrosion.
      With luck, you will just need to replace the trunnion with ebay unit. But until you take it apart you wont know if the thread on the suspension upright is damaged.
      There aretwo types of trunnions, Standard and self cutting, the self cutting are intended for uprights that are otherwise unservicable.
      Tip: load them with grease on assembly and check them every six months.

If your car has not been done yet, it might be worth considering Superflex tierod bushes as you will probably be taking them off anyway. They make a significant difference to handling.

Calipers as Alan says can be rebuilt quite easily, I guess that one of your pistons is sticking. Pistons can be cleaned up but if badly corroded can be exchanged for stainless ones. Parts are available from Rimmer Brothers as the calipers were used on the Dolomite range.

Comment

Mike feel free to give me a ring - was the original builder of your car with my step father so will be able to help with original build spec etc. Number is 07736875450. Ps love to see some pics of her now, have some around somewhere of build history.

Comment

Working...
        X