Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster with Cycle Wings

Hi
    I am thinking of purchasing a Vitesse based Marlin Roadster, but would like to fit cycle wings. Is this possible and is it a straight forward bolt-on, bolt-off conversion?

Re: Marlin Roadster with Cycle Wings

hi ian
    the beauty of the marlin is that with a separate chassis and bolt on bodywork anything is possible.i made new one piece front wings a la morgan,although i considered cycle wings.you would need to fabricate some bracketry to hold them on to the uprights but it should be straightforward i think.i know a company that makes cycle wings for 13\" wheels that have an inner face on them which makes life easier-mail me for details if you like.. andylimoworkshop(at)hotmail.com.
    andy

Comment

Re: Marlin Roadster with Cycle Wings

yep, it is.

Mine is a Hybrid (Triumph front, Marina rear). I have cycle wings on the front, it\'s relatively easy to make some brackets to attach to to the uprights. Mine bolt to the Stub axle retaining nut & one of the brake caliper bolts. The stub axle thread was plenty long enough & the brake caliper bolt needed a slightly longer bolt (about 3/8\" longer).

Neil

Comment

Working...
      X