Marlin Roadster - DHD484V work now underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster - DHD484V work now underway

Thought I\'d start a thread to let you guys know that I bought DHD484V \'back\' (so called). The car was purchased as a kit and built by my step father 20+ years ago, to which I gave some youthful support and assistance - starting me on the road of car building and restoration. Anyway - After he sold the car many years ago it has had a number of owners and is now in my possession. Time has been reasonably kind, given the 20+ years, but the elements and physics have taken their toll on the chrome, paint and fiberglass.

So the plans are to do some small rolling restoration work during the summer whilst keeping it on the road for those evenings out to Matlock Bath and back, and more serious work planned for the winter months.

So far I have sourced a number of new parts (headlights, bonnet catches, Morgan mirrors etc) and today took delivery of the \'mother-load\' - a set of unused new packaged wings, rear arches, rear tub, inner wings, lights (in boxes) chrome light bar, doors and loads of odds n sods (including a still-packages Marlin badge) from an unfinshed (more correctly - unstarted) project - and it\'s the same Marina based model and wings as mIne (albeit that I\'ve the 6\" extension for the LWB - so the doors are also different) - all for the meager sum of £200 + delivery, a bargain to me.

Re: Marlin Roadster - DHD484V work now underway

You're more than welcome to join us this Saturday [25th] at the Cock and Pullet , Sheldon , just north of Bakewell.

Comment

Hi Alan - I noticed a meet up there in the club mag - not far from here and a nice run up the A6 too. Do you get together around 12:30? if so I might be tempted with a run out + Gail (wife) - weather's so far supposed to be OK.

Hopefully make it & look forward to meeting up

Comment

Scheduled time is 12.30, David is usually there when we turn up.

Comment

Working...
        X