Sierra RS wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sierra RS wheels

One of my wheels is buckled and I am struggling to find a replacement. It is a Ford RS alloy wheel which probably came from a Sierra. I have seen several similar on ebay but not an exact match. It has the following stamped on the wheel by the bolt holes under the centre cap.
    Ford 7J x 15 H2
    KBA 41734 e28
    H87SX1007 6A
    50506 54

I will try to attach a photo but not had much luck on the previous thread. If anyone has similar wheels, or a spare one, I'd be grateful for any ideas.
    Attached Files

Re: Sierra RS wheels

Hi Paul,
    Try Foray Ford parts Southampton 01722424200. I've found them pretty helpful when I built mine and they deliver next day to your nearest Ford garage.
    Good luck! Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris but they can't get one either. I may have to go for one of the similar sets from ebay.
      Cheers Paul

Comment

It may be possible to have the wheel straightened. Try Googling "Repairing buckled alloy wheel" or your local wheel refurbisher.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Paul,
          Did a bit of surfing. So these wheels are made by a company called Centra. They were not original or Ford option but after market by the looks of things. Might be wrong on this but certainly explains why you are struggling to find any while searching for Ford Sierra wheels.
          http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?s=f17ca2d00e49c3585b8161ad0d941739&showt opic=31073
          Shows some for sale on the VW forum.
          Home this helps your search.
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Update.... Centra were a German company and they merged with Remotec back in the 90's. Lots of wheels for sale in Germany.
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Tried taking the wheel to be repaired at "MyAlloys" in Basingstoke. Very helpful and had all the necessary equipment (heat treatment and hydraulic press) but said wheel was too badly twisted.
              Jon, thanks for the info about Centra. Discovered my wheel has Centra 132705 stamped on rear face and looks just like the ones pictured in the web address you listed, but the PCD and bore of VW hubs is different from Sierra. Found this useful website http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html
              to check whether other makes will fit Ford hubs. The search continues...

Comment

Had no joy sourcing a replacement wheel so had to buy a complete set (from Pistonheads.com). They are Sierra 3dr/RS 500 wheels, in good condition and look very similar, with the only difference being that the offset is ET40 whereas the old ones were ET28. The wheels actually sit better under the wheel arches and I can't tell any difference when driving. I just need a set of centre caps now as my old ones do not quite fit.

Comment

what are you doing with the old center caps?

Comment

This is why I hat alloy w3heels. I managed to crack one on my Passat, How many steel wheels has anyone ever actually broken?

Comment

Working...
                    X