Rear Wheel Arch Cut Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Wheel Arch Cut Out

Why do Marlin cut the rear tub out around the shock absorber? I have 15mm clearance between the rear tub and the shocker.
    Is there any reason why I can not fill it in?
    Mike
    Attached Files

Re: Rear Wheel Arch Cut Out

Mike
    I have just checked out mine and withiut the cut out the shock absorber would certainly foul the tub. I would leave as is to avoid any later issues with regard to the suspension settling and the possible need to fine tune the ride height.

Comment

As Alan said.

Comment

Alan/Chris

I bought ordinary pattern Ford shockers for the rear - I wonder if they are a smaller diameter than Gaz, or other better brands. Could this be reason for different clearance?
        Could I have fitted the top brackets the wrong way round, causing the shockers to sit further in board than yours?

Also do you recommend the extra cost of adjustable shockers for the rear? I have fitted them on the front.
        Mike

Comment

Mike,
          I guess that the diameter would make a difference, my present ones measure approx 48 mm at the upper 'cylinder' and are non adjustable aftermarket ones. The upper mounting looks to be central in the bracket/carrier so there is no right or wrong way round.
          My previous Pinto engined Cabrio had adjustables on the rear and I frankly don't notice the difference.
          Will ring regards pick up of grille -Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X