fingers crossed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fingers crossed

well, all under the dash is now wired up, all the instruments seem to work, oil and ign light are on. fuel pump not wired in though - turn the key and the motor spins
    Wire up fuel pump, (colours dont match any wiring diagram I have!) and then three hours later the eec-iv unit is in and wired up too. I think i have got everything right and got rid of the wires I dont need, coupled it to the fuel pump via a relay. Ign on, fuel pump churns for a second and cuts out. I think thats whats supposed to happen so just need to fit some sort of exhaust before i put fuel in and try it for real.

Re: fingers crossed

Don't forget the engine oil...
    Good luck..!
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Keep us posted. Always interesting to hear of cars nearing completion - quite rare nowdays

Comment

OIL!!! lol yes theres some in - and the oil light went out after a couple of churns. So just a few bits to do before I go for lift off! Liz, nearing completion is a bit hopeful! I still need a prop, an exhaust a windscreen, seats, lights etc etc so a fair way to go yet but maybe she will be ready for IVA this year or early next?

Comment

She Lives! Fabricated my own downpipes, double checked everything and....nothing. Check everything through and find no live to the injectors. Trace that back to teh ecu and find I forgot to take a live feed from teh fuel pump relay to the injector circuit, snip crimp, turn the key and....she lives! First turn of the engine and bursts into life, a bit clattery - well the tappets are hydraulic and havent been used in nearly ten years but they pumped up ok. Didnt run it long cos no water in yet. But looking good

Comment

Well done Cameron...always a relief when they fire up as designed..! So, nearly finished then...
            Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
            Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Working...
            X