Yorkshire Dales Itinerary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkshire Dales Itinerary

I will give everyone a copy of this, along with route notes and maps, when they arrive. I just thought it would be useful for you to see it before - assuming you have access and login!

Yorkshire Dales Itinerary
    All activities are optional, just enjoy the countryside, and hope for good weather!

Petrol – We advise filling up either in Settle or Ingleton before you get to the campsite.
    Coming north, divert through Settle, petrol on left coming out of town, rejoin A65 further up. Coming south, petrol on right coming out of Ingleton on A65.

Thursday
    Early arrivals, no plans for eating, so do your own thing. Plenty of options in Settle if you want someone to do it for you, and an excellent Booths supermarket. I can give directions to pubs, etc.

Friday
    We fancy doing the waterfalls walk from Ingleton. Good paths, about 4 miles, but a fair climb. Parking at start is about 6 pounds, I think, so it might be worthwhile for singles to double up. We can go whenever we’re ready, take a picnic or grab a bite in Ingleton.

Alternatives include a visit to the Falconry Centre, just down the A65 towards Settle, or a ride on the Settle-Carlisle line. I’d suggest going as far as Appleby, as this is the most scenic section, and it’s a nice town to potter around. We have a timetable.

We could have a barbeque as we’ll be back from the above in time to visit Booths to stock up. Any Friday arrivals who want to join in please bring something to barbeque. The on site bar should be open if we want a little comfort afterwards.

Saturday
    Time to give the cars a good run through the Dales. We’ve planned a guided run of about 80 miles, starting at 10:00 prompt. There will be a half hour break for elevenses (bring your own), an hour&half in Hawes for lunch (bring or buy) and another break in the afternoon (3/4 hour, tea van or bring something). Reserved parking in Hawes for first 17 to pay me. Back on site for 5:00. I may need a volunteer to lead another group!!

Special event when you get back, will only take a few minutes if you are rushing off to the showers. Or stay and spectate!

For those partaking, the on site meal will be at 7:30 for 8 in the small function room. Adjourn to the bar afterwards.

Sunday
    Run to classic car show at Leighton Hall near Carnforth, not guided but instructions available, concessionary tickets from me. 25 miles one way. Need to be there by 11:30 so leave site at 10:00. If you are later I advise a quicker route via Kirkby. Food available at event. Return directly home or back to site if you are with us another night, meal to suit.

Monday
    Activities, as per Friday. Please vacate campsite by 12:00. Hope you enjoyed it!

Re: Yorkshire Dales Itinerary

Sounds great. See you Friday. We can lead another group if you want.

Comment

Thanks Liz, I've put the book out you wanted.
      Dave

Comment

Hi All
        We're off to the Dales now, so any further communication will have to be to mobiles, assuming there's a signal there.
        Dave 07703 814350 Caroline 07799 228311

Weather a bit mixed at the moment, but should improve for the weekend. We hope!
        Cheers - D&C

Comment

Hi All
          Thanks to everyone who attended and made it a success. Even we enjoyed it! 20 cars and 30 people on the Saturday run, if you count Lee's GTM and daughter, and 24 at the meal.

Deadline for Pitstop is Friday, if you want to save Sue some work and send a report. If you need any statistics let me know, I'll try to oblige. Meanwhile I'm going for a lie down!
          Cheers - Dave & Caroline

Comment

Thanks Dave/Caroline for all the effort you put in to make it a memorable weekend.Regards

Comment

Hi both

Thanks for a brilliantly organised weekend! I got back at 5.21 pm having taken an hour and a half longer than I wanted. Was a bit grumpy on the way back as I didn't want to leave!
              Off to the shower now I have unpacked and the washing on.....

Comment

Hi Dave & Caroline.
                Very many thanks for a super weekend. Enjoyed driving the Cabrio all day on some of the roads that the last time I drove in the Berli.
                Good journey back - not long till the Lakes when some of us meet up again.

Comment

Thanks Dave & Caroline & Ronny,
                  Cracking weekend really good routes. 7hrs to get home yesterday hood off all the way Knackered. Ben. WWW.
                  welly wanger winner
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Dave & Caroline many thanks for a great time in the Yorkshire Dales.
                    Terry

Comment

Hiya Dave and Caroline, Thanks for the great run on the Saturday both me and Gracie enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                      X