Who was it on Top Gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was it on Top Gear?

Who was it on Top Gear who volunteered that he was a member of the MOC when Clarkson asked the audience if anyone was a member of a owners club?

Re: Who was it on Top Gear?

I saw it too Don but do not know who it was; What circles MOC members move in and what lengths to go to for free publicity for M.O.C.to whoever - thank you. Was it Richard Hammond that thought Marlin was a fish ? and he used to own one of those cars made in Malvern that some people confuse with a Marlin

Comment

Just watched the clip. How very dare they!

Comment

We could send them lots of pictures of bird poo on Marlins.

Comment

I'm reasonably sure that the guy in question hails from here in Derby, just can't recall the name. If I'm right he runs a Roadster with 'K 'series engine and 5 speed Sierra box.

Comment

I think it was Ian Bunce...as Alan says, a K series Roadster owner.
            Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
            Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Thanks for prompting the old memory jez, I'd recalled it was Ian but couldn't remember tyhe surname.And I've just seen him in the Roadster today probably returning home from work.
              Unlike Mr.May I drove the Death Valley a few years back but on tarmac and God was it HOT!

Comment

Hi I can confirm it was my Dad we went to filming last Wednesday
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes, it was me. My son Jon got the tickets and we went down to Dunsford last Wednesday. Its a long afternoon...on your feet all the time, but a bit of a giggle.

The question about owners clubs was done in two takes for some reason.....but I got in on the second take. Clearly Mr Clarkson doesnt know much about Marlins (and Mr May even less - thats a fish isnt it!). The thing I found most amusing was that later in the episode (how much car can you buy for 7 grand), Clarkson was filmed on his own, in a field with a load of cars.

Comment

I watched the repeat last night, as a group of us were in a field on Sunday! Doesn't Mr Hammond own something from Malvern? Perhaps a retort along the lines of "Better than broken down at the side of the road with a Morgan" would have been apt! Easy to think of replies after the event though.

Comment

Nice one Ian! It may get some people looking up Marlins now! Clarkson knows Marlins as his wife takes part in endurance events and there are definitely Marlins on those. Still, it's all good for the camera innit?!

Comment

Saw it on repeat.
                        Funny as Clarkson stated after the single Marlin cry went up "That the one of them " befor fish was mentioned !.

Comment

Working...
                        X