LE-JOG - where we are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE-JOG - where we are

The dignitaries are lined up either end and you can see from the participant list below that we have a good number of folk supporting the event but we still need some more drivers in one or two places. Sadly, we have had to pull the plug on running the return JOG – LE as we have had very little response from folks on the proposed routed.

Contact numbers

It is imperative that we collect contact emails, mobile phone numbers and home numbers so that we can issue them to the team members either side of you and for us to keep in contact during the event. One or two participants have requested we don’t make them public so I have created a spreadsheet that I will send to each of you once I have it completed. If there is an asterisk against your name below, it means I have the data already. If there isn’t it means I have none or maybe 1 or 2 of the items. Please email me the details on keithh44(at)sky(dot)com (make sure you don’t miss the second h)

Someone raised the issue of how we are going to raise funds. Because the event is associated with pasties I thought it would be a nice idea to get some celebrity chefs to come up with their own take on the pasty so that we could publish a Pasty Recipe Booklet and sell it. To that end I have contacted the Patrons of the Help for Heroes charity to ask them to use their names to ask some chefs for help. Sue is also raising a sponsorship site on the web (details elsewhere).

The reality is we still need a few more drivers on certain sections or we will have to stand down. We will discuss the wisdom of running the event with only two cars on any given section, but more importantly, we will not proceed with only one car on any given section.

If your name is included below, please check that we have put you down for the correct leg. Conversely, if you have already offered to get involved and I have missed your name off the list please let me know

1 Dane Crosby L.E. Bodmin *
    Hugh Cumming
    Roger Beaumont
    Peter Reynolds *

2 Dane Crosby Bodmin Exeter
    Hugh Cumming
    Roger Beaumont
    Peter Reynods

3 Stuart Frazer Exeter Bridgewater
    Hugh Cumming
    David Martin *

4 Stuart Frazer Bridgewater Chippenham
    Hugh Cumming
    David Martin

5 Stuart Frazer Chippenham Evesham
    Rob Aubry

6 Rob Aubry Evesham Bridgnorth
    Jez Cox *

7 John Mulvaney Bridgnorth Knutsford
    Jez Cox
    Martin Warburton

8 John Mulvaney Knutsford Harrogate
    Martin Warburton

9 Adrian Bull Harrogate Bishop Aukland
    John Catling

10 Adrian Bull Bishop Aukland Falstone, K.Water

11 Adrian Bull Falston, K. Water Haywick
    Derek Backhouse

12 Adrian Bull Haywick Queensferry

13 Adrian Bull Queensferry Pitlochry

Adrian Bull Pitlochry Inverness
    Michael Macdonald *
    Phil Angus
    Alfie Murie

15 Adrian Bull Inverness Wick (J O'G)
    Michael Macdonald
    Phil Angus
    Alfie Murie

Re: LE-JOG - where we are

And here's the donation site address:

http://www.justgiving.com/MarlinOwnersClub

Comment

Hi Keith. What's the latest re Le Jog? Is it still viable? Now that my exhaust manifold repair is finally finished I can probably do Exeter northwards for a bit if that helps numbers. Peter.

Comment

Hi Peter

We're nearly there. I'll mail Keith about your offer.

Comment

Hi everyone, first of all as I am doing sections 9 to 13 and all is up north as far as I am concerned, I will have to rely on your local knowledge. To that end can all of you ping me an email so that we can start the correspondence. My email address is adrian_j_bull(at)hotmail.com. Secondly, to all members, send an email to all your friends telling them what you are doing and ask them to donate, we do need to get some money in. - Adrian

Comment

Oopps make that 9 to 15

Comment

All

If you are collecting sponsor money, can you please donate it via the JustGiving page. Please do not send it to the Treasurer as this money should go straight to the charity that the event is being run for.

Don't forget to take pictures and send them to Keith or me so we can get them on the website and also can you make some notes of the trip so Keith and I can compile a report
              of the event.

Keith, you've done a fantastic job on this. I have no doubt that the participants will have an excellent time and the Great Pasty will be delivered safely to the JOG end!

Comment

To emphasise Sue's point, Donations via the Just Giving page can benefit from a 25% tax free boost. This is not available when donating via the treasurer.
                Thats taking 25% of your donation from the Treasury.

Comment

If anyone can't view in Excel, Mail me and I'll send it in web page format
                  axxu49(AT)dsl.pipex.com

Comment

In the current circumstances we need to demonstrate that the general membership are stronger and more unified than the Committee.

Lets keep the motivation going for this and continue our support for Keith, making this a successful project.

Comment

Hi all, I have been in touch with the mayor of Panzance and all is in order to pick up the "baton" from her.
                      The authorities at Lands End have given the go ahead and will assist us at the start. I have joined their very useful LE to JOG club on our behalf. Looks like we are go for liftoff!
                      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Keith, When I spoke to you about two weeks ago, I wanted to be included in the run , and asked to do the section 5, Chippenham to Evesham. Since then, circumstances have changed, and I am forced to withdraw, due to a medical condition, which has resulted in my driving licence being suspended for a month. Apologies to all, and hope that the run is a success. Brian.

Comment

Hello Brian, I'm sorry to hear that you have been unwell and I trust you are on the road to recovery. Thanks for getting in touch and letting me know the situation.

All the best

Keith

Comment

Working...
                          X