Locating old roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locating old roadster

Trying to find out if my friends old Mk1 Marina Roadster still exists. It is WRK757N, with wire wheels, and was two tone green. He wants it back!

Re: Locating old roadster

Your friends car is not on my Mk1 register but it is listed by the DVLA as a Morris with a 1798cc engine and is currently untaxed.
    I would hazard a guess that it is probably a Marina based Mk2 car.
    If he is really interested in tracing the current owner he could try applying to the DVLA about his old car.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Over time I have collected many hundreds of Marlin pics and cannot always remebere from where, or whose copyright they are. Having said this are these two D Banes pics of interest taken I believe at Hindhead in 198....?

I have two other pics of the car, I guess probably taken at a roadside by your friend during his ownership

Rgds DC
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi DC,
        Thats handy I didnt have a pic of LLT the Cream Mk1 in the second picture.Any more little gems? BC

Comment

Ben, I've another 16 of D Banes pix, I believe sent to me by Hugh Cumming a while back as part of my "Anorak's Corner collecting". Not sure whether I should put them publicly on here but happy to send you a CD if you would like....BTW which year was Hindhead, or were there several ?

Comment

Ben (or anyone else....)
            If you are interested, I have some old photos in very good condition(around 1988/9?)of the following Roadsters:
            Q739 BAL : Fabulous example
            LHL14L - Peter Hares definitive example, with interior shots
            RNF 888R : another impressive example, with interior shots
            - plus several photos of other very nice interiors of Roadsters around at that time.
            I also have a couple of two fabulous Berlinettas of the time
            Q577 VME - my personal favourite
            Q410 GDB - a close second
            Mike

Comment

Hi Dave,
              Hindhead was even before my time but it was an annual casual meet that became comercial ised and became Sandown around 86-87 I think. Should see you on the 3/9 so yes please to a CD it will be quicker.

Hi Mike,
              If you have any pics of Mk1 cars I will always be pleased to see them BUT please in small or compressed format as I am (or my pooter is) pic loading challenged

Comment

D Banes here I'm happy for anyone to use any of my pics for any purpose, more here.

http://gallery.me.com/dbanes#100038

And here are pics of my self built Roadster earlier this year. Would be great to know who bought it.

http://gallery.me.com/dbanes#100381

Btw, I'm a GTM owner now.

Http://gtmrossak3.org
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

And the source of the above pics, I'm looking for more to scan and post at the moment.

http://gallery.me.com/dbanes/100010
                  - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                  - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                  - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                  - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                  - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
                  X