The Lakes Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lakes Weekend

We would like to thank all those that attended The Lakes Invasion weekend.

We had a brilliant time driving some fantastic roads and seeing lots of wonderfull scenery.

It was a great social event meeting new and old friends from all over the country and that whats the MOC is about.

Thanks

Bob & Terry

Re: The Lakes Weekend

It is heartening to hear that, despite the current difficulties in the club, events like this can be efficiently organised and are well attended. I sincerely hope that they can continue to flourish.

It is quite an achievement to get what must represent 10% of the membership in one place at the same time though I am estimating the figure based on previous published attendances.

Unfortunately some members must consider the £150+ fuel cost that travel to and from the event would incur, not to mention other expenses and circumstances. Consequently, whilst wishing to support events like this many will have other priorities.

I am sure that for the members who attended, it is what the MOC is about, but there is a lot more the MOC could offer the remaining 90% of the membership who did not.

Congratulations to the organisers.

Comment

Pictures of the lakes,
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks lads for another well organised, great Lakes Invasion!! Even though i am local and havent had to travel far this time, driving my car on great roads in a fantastic setting with enthusiastic, helpful, knowledgable and above all else....friendly people is why i joined the club in the first place. I've yet to meet anyone at events who doesnt fulfill these characteristics, so long may it continue!! Thanks again.......

Comment

Many thanks to the organisers Terry, Bob & Lee for another great Lakes Invasion. Also thanks to Robert & Julie for their hospitality and the barbeque. The roads in Cumbria are great for driving Marlins with not too much traffic.
          Next year we are going to stay for the week, its such a lovely area to explore. Thanks again everyone

Comment

Thanks every one for a great weekend. Enjoyed the runs so much that I went and did the best bits again on Monday.
            If only I could bottle the sound of the six at four and a half grand pulling hard up a 1 in 7. Magical. Got home yesterday evening and it still hasnt rained here.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Many thanks to all involved in the Lakes trip. We finished it in our camper, but FMB is back now and doesn't seem to have come to any harm. Great driving country, good friends, good weekend.

Comment

My first Marlin meet, Wish i could have spent more time with everyone thanks for a great get together if not a bit wet

Comment

Working...
                X