Wind deflectors (elephant ears!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind deflectors (elephant ears!)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get some wind deflectors?I saw a perfect set on a marlin in the car park at the Ipswich custom car show carpark, but by the time I got back with a pen and paper the car had gone.gutted!!. If I could get just the brackets/hinges I would happily make the deflectors myself as I have some 6mm plastic,but I would be equally happy to buy a complete set (for sensible money!).Any information(pictures)would be greatly appreciated.Many thanks Dave.

Re: Wind deflectors (elephant ears!)

Dave
    Hinges can be purchased at Europa Spares or Car Builder solutions

Comment

Dave The MOCs Tech Tips CD available from Club Goods has several articles and drawings etc about sidescreens, wind deflectors etc.
      Well worth the purchase !

Rgds
      DC

Comment

Dave,
        It might be teaching granny to suck eggs but if you are going to fit wind deflectors make sure that you can close them in so that they don't interfere with your hood side screens

Comment

Dave, that may have been my red Roadster at the Suffolk showground on Sunday 28th Aug. If so, the wind deflectors are my own design using 4mm Perspex and fitted to the windsreen surround with heavily modified aluminium alloy door hinges. The extension on the passenger side was a temporary experiment for my wife's benefit several years ago and has stayed on the car ever since. If you are interested I can post some pictures or e-mail to them to you for more detail. Won't be able to do it for about three weeks as I'm away.

Comment

Thanks to all of you that responded to my question.I now have plenty of info.I have now purchased the tech info CD and have cut my perspex to dimensions shown on it which look good.Keith you can teach grandad!to suck eggs, a good point, I may well have overlooked. Geoff it must have been your car I saw, would appreciate info and pics if still possible.Many thanks to all again.Regards Dave Watson

Comment

Working...
            X