Electronic Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Payments

The decision at yesterday’s committee meeting not to go ahead with electronic payment on our new web site beggars belief.
    The reason given was the extra work involved in administrating sales etc.
    I was involved in the setting up and running of C5ALIVE’s web site which included a forum and ecommerce shop software.
    The two bits of software are linked together with an html front page.
    The forum not perfect but is full of information and easy ability to communicate with other users etc.
    The c5alive shop with its old software enables you to fill your basket go to checkout with all postage worked out for you.
    To keep things simple and with my limited knowledge we did not add the bolt on electronic payment module but accepted direct payment from PayPal as most members have an account.
    We still accepted cheques but this slowed down a transaction on average seven days.
    I am also involved in selling on eBay on average 25 transactions a week. If they used cheques this would be a nightmare to administrate.
    Electronic payments are easier to administrate and take less time plus people always buy more goods this way which would be increasing the clubs revenue.
    I see that our new web site is going to have the ability to take electronic payments so why not start it at the beginning while you still have the web designer close at hand to sort out any bugs in the system.
    In my experience there are always some bugs in a new web site and is always cheaper to get the web designer to sort them out now.
    In my opinion we desperately need Sue back at the helm as her knowledgeable and understanding about modern web practices could give as the web site we deserve.

Were there any other decisions made at yesterdays committee meeting that will affect the modernising and the ability to be more appealing to new members?

Above is just the way I see things.
    Martin

Re: Electronic Payments

Belief also beggared here.

Comment

Working...
    X