Enjoyment of My Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoyment of My Car

There seems to be a growing swipe at anyone who voices an opinion different to the committee that the cub is all about the cars so shut up!
    I have opinions which differ from our current committee and will continue to voice them to move our club forward from the rut it seems to be stuck in.

My Marlin Berlinetta was purchased on eBay 24/4/2010 the Donor car 1.6 Ford Cortina.
    My Marlin and I visited Brooklands Motor Museum in 2010 with my friends from C5Alive.
    (Pictures of all the events can be found on my web site c5martin.co.uk)
    18/12/2010 despite heavy snow fitted much needed exhaust.
    19/12/2010 new 45amp Alternator fitted.
    5/2/2011 new wheel trim fitted.
    6/2/2011 K&N Air Filter fitted.
    March 2011 had Cornish Holiday 881Miles with no problems.
    14/4/2011 Passed MOT.
    19/4/2011 Cam Belt Replaced.
    21/5/2011 Detling Kit Car Show
    24/5/2011 Car Battery Replaced.
    27/5/2011 Distributor Oil Seal Replaced.
    4/6/2011 Removed cylinder head because of oil leak.
    14/6/2011 After decarbonising the head and replacing oil seals, reassembled with new gaskets.
    1/7/2011 loaned car for use in Grecians end of term Ball at Christ’s Hospital Boarding School.
    3/7/2011 Electronic Ignition Module Fitted.
    21/8/2011 Cranleigh Lions Car Show.
    28/8/2011 Wings & Wheels Show Dunsfold.
    3/9/2011 Up rated rear springs fitted.
    Also along the way fitted a GPS tracker to my Marlin.
    Next big outing in a couple of weeks is a holiday to Derbyshire.
    The car is use every day as all cars should be
    My car because of this will never be pristine but is well loved and used.
    All the above information is available on my web site:-
    C5martin.co.uk

Hope the above give an insight to my other side.

What have you done with your Marlin?

Re: Enjoyment of My Car

Hi
    All last year used the car as my everyday vehicle, going to Kent on Monday and returning on Friday in the meantime traveling some 300 miles in the week therefore around 600 miles per week.
    Went to Stoneleigh in that year and Classic Le Mans.
    This year not as much other than Stoneleigh as I worked up in Carlisle but think I have made up for it by the 1500 mile round trip to JOG.
    Am now using the car again and so far over two weeks have added a further 1000 miles.

Adian

Comment

Re: Enjoyment of My Car

I am a mechanic at heart.

Like others who have modified their Roasters, I have made some significant changes. I have done virtually every modification published in Pitstop and Tech Tips and then moved on.
      My Roadster is a test bed. The front brakes of my Roadster are those from a Renault Clio, my engine is still Marina TC but has a gas flowed head, hotter cam and electronic ignition soon to be changed to Megajolt, my gearbox attached to the Marina engine is a Ford Type 9, my rear axle is from a Dolomite Sprint and has been converted to disc brakes, I could go on.
      Unfortunately I have several other ideas, and may yet fit a Zetec powerplant with EFI, and have been looking for ideas to improve the Marina front suspension fitted to a Roadster or even fitting BMW IRS.

I have three other cars, none of them euro boxes. I won't bore you with them, but they are relatively unmodified ranging in power from 120 to 340 Bhp.

So my prime enjoyment is the mechanical challenge that a Marlin can offer. With several other cars to drive, the Marlin at best sees about 30 days real driving use a year. Not a lot but I still enjoy it, as much as I enjoy each of my other cars.

My ideas have been published and shared with the Marlin Owners and Marina Owners. Several from both groups have successfully adopted some of my modifications.

I get pleasure in sharing my technical knowledge and ability with other interested parties, members of the MOC or not.
      I get real satisfaction, if my knowledge can help someone find that illusive part, put a car back on the road after a long lay-up or simply keeping another running.

It's not all about driving; it’s also about sharing information, helping others, who have a common interest, to enjoy their own cars in whatever manner they chose.

Comment

Working...
      X