Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster back on the road

Hi everyone,
    Yep, finally after an eleven year lay-up my Marlin Roadster registration no. Q122JBW is back on the road after a nine month rebuild. I had forgotten how much it makes you smile when you drive it and I just can't stop laughing out loud. This is what motoring is all about.
    Can't wait to catch up with some of you over the coming months.
    Yours,
    Chris

Re: Roadster back on the road

Congrats on getting it roadworthy. Mine was only six years in my garage sitting still.

Comment

Good to hear that another is back on the road. If your free on the 24th, you'd be very welcome at the Peak District meet at the Cock & pullet(details in Pitstop),a new face is always welcome. Regards David

Comment

Hi David,
        I will try my level best to be there but I am working on the 24th. I should hopefully be finished by about 3.30pm. What time does the meet usually go on till?

Comment

Well done Chris, the smile and laughing sound familiar. I'm still doing it now so its hood down on the way home.

Comment

Hi Chris. Usually winding up by 3-30.Put the world to rights and run out of topics. Perhaps another month maybe. Regards David

Comment

Hi Chris,
              In the register that I keep for Triumph based cars I have your registration and Bogue Bros against it.
              No other info, can you fill me in is it a Triumph based car and if so do you know the chassis number any other details would be of interest. Thanks Ben Caswell
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Ben,
                The car was first registered on 27th March 1984, chassis number 2310. The car was a short wheel base version and used all Marina running gear. However,in 1988 I replaced the gear box with a Triumph Dolomite 1850 unit with overdrive. The car stayed like this until 1998 where it then went through a complete strip-down and re-build. At this point I replaced the Marina 1.8 TC engine with a Fiat 2.0 DOHC engine and five speed box. I also cut the torsion bars off and fitted Avo coil-over dampers to the front suspension. The colour of the car also changed from red to blue. Due to circumstances the car was taken off the road in 2001 and was stored until last October. After a nine month re-build the car is now fully back to it's former glory with the additional modifications of rose jointed front tie bars and the fitment of a Triumph TR7 Auto differential replacing the Marina 1.8 unit but utilising the existing casing. I have tried to attach a couple of pics for all to see but unfortunately it keeps failing to send!
                Hope this info helps Ben?
                Chris

Comment

Q122JBW

Comment

The choice of a TR7 auto diff centre is a good one, the lowest ratio you can get in the Marina axle casing.

I would be interested to see how you went about modifying the front coilover suspension, its something I have thought of doing myself.

Pictures at the moment must be less than 200k in size. An alternative is to upload them to Flickr or a similar service and then post links to your photos or album as appropriate.
                    It is my understanding that we will need to follow the same equivalent route for larger higher resolution pics on the new website/forum though we would still be able to attach lower res pictures.

Comment

Hi Chris, Thanks for the info, sounds like you have been busy. Im sure Dave Cunnington our coopt editor would be very interested if you let us know about some of your mods.
                      I assume thats the 3.27:1 diff your using.
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Yes Ben ! Predictably Chris words and pics would be good for a future Pitstop, and my personal Marlin archive too if you don't mind !
                        Rgds
                        DC

Comment

Hi Chris, could you e mail me pictures of your front end set up, sounds really interesting. holmes.c2(at)sky.com Thanks Chris Holmes

Comment

Excelent email, thanks Chris B.

It looks like I could have another project that will keep my modified roadster off the road.

Comment

No problem Steve. Just let me know if you need any more info/pics.
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X