• Show
Clear All

• West Coast Marlins

Finally met up with Clive.
    Attached Files

Re: West Coast Marlins

Hi Trevor,
    Nice photo's despite weather!
    Good to meet you, perhaps we can get all or any of the Marlins in the area together for a run along the coast somewhere, before the sun runs out!
    Regards
    Clive

Comment

Now I am kicking myself for not buying PKK back when I had the chance, maybe if it was local at the time.

I'm happy with my GTM despite some body twist and shake (fibreglass mono) with the sof top on, I suppose I'll be using the hard top from now on anyway

Pics here; http://gtmrossak3.org/

Well done Trevor for getting her back on the road, I just got your email.

I think I'll be back in a Marlin before long, Cabrio's keep drawing my attention.
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi

Glad to hear of Marlins local to me in Ayrshire. Spotted PKK recfently on Prestwick High St - looked great. Saw a faded red Roadster in Prestwick about 6 months ago - not Q163 before a repaint?

Any project Roadsters for sale in Scotland at the momnent?

Cheers
        Mike

Comment

Mike, I guess that was mine before the respray. It ran in primer for a year !
          Attached Files

Comment

Trevor

Yes, that was the car I spotted! Great new paint job - who did you get to do it? (does anyone use cellulose anymore and know how to spray GRP?)

Comment

Thanks Mike, the respray was done at home using spray-cans !!
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Trevor,
                Well done looks good. Your dash is that part of the same top moulding(if so thats a moulding I havnt seen before) or have you grafted the dash on later.
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

After two wooden dashes I have gone for the grafted fibreglass front with moulded air vents and switch panel infront of the heater. Now to sort the wiring and carpet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X