Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 3 September.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 3 September.

This post will inevitably invoke more personal attacks. These do nothing for the advancement of the allegedly ‘friendly’ Marlin Owners Club. If you have any personal comments please address me directly at stevejgreen(at)btopenworld.com.

In the latest issue of Pitstop the members were advised that there would be a Committee Meeting on 3 September.
    Members were invited to raise any concerns to be discussed under any other business.
    Several members raised issues on the forum, and I sent confirmation of previous questions via email to the committee. Some of these requests have been outstanding for a month with no feedback.
    In the current climate, where many concerns are being raised, a major project is in process and significant changes in the committee have occurred, is it not important that members confidence is rebuilt and the sadly misinformed are kept informed, rather than ignored and ‘swept under the carpet’?

It has been suggested to me that this Committee Meeting on 3 September never took place.

Would any Committee Members like to confirm this and indicate when the next meeting is in fact planned in order that the outstanding issues may be re-raised?

Re: Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 3 September.

hmmm,all quiet on this thread...perhaps people are hoping if they ignore you you'll go away steve

Comment

Why the silence? All conspiracy theories are based on a lack of communication! If a member asks what they consider to be legitimate questions surely they deserve a reply even if they get an answer they may not wish for.Good manners would suggest that an acknowledgement of the questions would at least be courteous.

Comment

Steve was TOLD, "not suggested to", on 2nd September, that the meeting fixed for the following day was cancelled, by a Committee member. He asked me again, yesterday, the same question.
        The meeting WAS cancelled and the next meeting will take place sometime this month when The Chairman feels is best,i.e. when decisions debate/decisions are required that cannot be dealt with by other means.The only questions tabled, for that meeting, by members prior to 2nd Sept were from Steve Green and I have now answered these at the request of The Chairman whose time is fully committed to the website development.

Comment

Thankyou for the official response.

It is NOT my position to make announcements on behalf of the committee, they would be correctly outraged if I did.

Others made direct requests for inclusion of questions, published on the forum. They have apparently been ignored or to quote one member "put in the dustbin by our committee without even considering my request."

It was on those members behalf, that my question was posted as they, to my knowledge, were not informed of the cancellation.

Comment

As a member of our club I received correspondence from our committee announcing the meeting of 3rd September and inviting questions for AOB.
            The meeting was a day away so I quickly posted questions on the forum hoping to get them discussed.
            If it hadn’t been for Steve’s post I would not have any idea of the cancelled meeting.
            It seems that Steve is always treated like a naughty boy and told to go away.
            Is this any way to run an open club?
            I hoped that the committee had learnt about openness and keeping its members informed.
            I think Steve deserved an apology.
            The members also deserve to be kept informed.
            I understand that a committee meeting may or may not take place.
            Please can we be notified of the next meeting in time to include questions foe AOB.
            I have purchased a crystal ball and enrolled in mind reading classes in an attempt to keep myself informed.
            I am now going to play with my Marlin for some therapy.
            Martin

Comment

Be careful out there Martin
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
              X