Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARLIN ROADSTER registration

Hi guys,

I need help to get my car registered in France. I need a certificate from Marlin factory about year of manufacture, please could you tell me how to proceed to contact them and do you have an idea of year of manufacture (serial number is 1 185).
    I bought the car from Gregg Pearson on this forum, the car is in exceptional condition, thanks again Gregg.
    Attached Files

Re: MARLIN ROADSTER registration

Hi Paddy,
    Thank you for contacting the Marlin Owners Club re Certificate of Conformity for your roadster.
    Unfortunately the Marlin was produced as a package of parts(Factory Date 21st.Dec.1981) for the amateur builder using donor mechanical parts from an existing car.Date of would depend on the build time but with a Q the date of first registration on your V5c would be a guide.

It is not possible to obtain a certificate as the Original Manufacturer no longer exists.
    Several Marlin owners have tried this in France without much success, especially now the French registration rules have changed. They dont like kit cars Im afraid.

The only advice I can offer is to contact your local Classic/Historic car club in France for advice.
    The only kit car club listed in France is Club Automobile Martin (note not Marlin) the contact given is email - cpsocha(at)club-internet.fr
    I am sorry the club is unable to offer any advice however if you do succeed in getting a French registration for your Marlin we would be
    very interested in the story.

Regards Ben Caswell (Triumph Tech rep)
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Paddy,
      A bit more info try "www.ffve.org/"
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Ok,

Thanks very much for replies.
        I will let you know what is the process as soon as car is registered.
        I love my Marlin, it's such a great car ....

Many thanks

Yann

Comment

Working...
        X