Treasure hunt and pub lunch Oct 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasure hunt and pub lunch Oct 2nd

If anyone wants to come along and join the next SHEB meeting, here are the details:

We are meeting in the car park of The Bell in Studham where we are booked in for lunch (near Whipsnade Zoo)

I've arranged with the landlord to open his doors at 10:30 so that those who have driven a
    long way can get a coffee and or use the loos

(for satnavs - postcode LU6 2QG) or take a look at

www.thebellinstudham.co.uk and their "where to find us"

Try and arrive for 10:30 and no later than 11:00 so that folks can get away on the treasure hunt (It's probably good for folk to arrive and set off at different times so that we don't get too bunched on the hunt route.) If you are coming on your own it will pay to team up with someone so that there are 2 in a car

Numbers so far are 14 people in 10 cars

Please let me know if you intend to join us so that we can arrange the right numbers for the dinner table.

Keith Howell

Re: Treasure hunt and pub lunch Oct 2nd

Hi Kieth, It is my intention to join you for this event. I am just sorting out a passenger but either way I'll confirm nearer the time if that's OK. Franklin.
    Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Franklin,
      Thats no way to treat a passenger if you want them to navigate on a treasure hunt,you need to be nice not shout at them. See you there. Ben
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Fantastic Franklin! Look forward to seeing you x

Comment

Hello Franklin, I hope you can make it. Can you email me either way on keithh44(at)sky(dot)com

Comment

Yes, I'll certainly e.mail you in good time for the booking. When I say I've got to "sort out a passenger" I mean find someone loopy enough to go with me. If not I'll go on my own anyway and kidnap somebody at a bus stop.
            Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Sorted. My wife Mary will be with me but we will not be in the Marlin. Whereas she likes the social side of the MOC, she is not keen on long journeys in my car due to a dodgy back.
              Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Keith: I'm a Marlin builder from the 80's, currently in a GTM(but thinking about Marlin ownership again), and interested in coming along. Not sure my other half will come, or if you're OK with a GTM on the event, so I'm happy to team up with a Marlin owner if anyone is looking for a passenger and I don't have one!
                - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi David. You are more than welcome to come & join us (folks don't always drive their Marlin anyway - mine was jacked up awaiting repair the time before last that I attended). Please confirm by Friday whether you will be 1 or 2 folk so that I can get the lunch numbers to the landlord in plenty of time

Comment

Keith: 2 of us, hopefully in the GTM, but if not it'll be a RenaultSport Clio 197. Depends if I can persuade Louise to scramble into the GTM, she used to be OK with the Roadster but that was 20 year ago, maybe when we get a Cabrio she'll be OK
                    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Now I thought I had a long drive on Sunday morning, David you win the longest distance award.

Comment

Doh! Forgot to change the location. Can I do that in a config somewhere here, rather than keep changing it manually each time I post?

Comment

Thanks Keith, Bob, Sue, Adrain and everyone else for making us feel so welcome today and for a great run round the countryside. Looking forward to the next meet and to getting into a Marlin sometime soon.

Comment

Well done Keith cracking countryside enjoyed the run round.

David, you should be able to reregister your details with a new password I think.

Comment

Thanks Keith, a great day out.

Comment

Working...
                              X