No announcement yet.

How do I stop the seat belt clip chipping the fibreglass just behinf the door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I stop the seat belt clip chipping the fibreglass just behinf the door

What solutions have folk come up with to protect the fibreglass just behind the door

Re: How do I stop the seat belt clip chipping the fibreglass just behinf the door

Hi Keith. An option is to put some of that clear protective film over the vulnerable area.The same type for covering the front edges of rear mudguards. Regards

Comment

Re: How do I stop the seat belt clip chipping the fibreglass just behinf the door

Thanks David. It is so badly chipped now that anything transparent is a bit of a no-no. I am tempted to get some mild steel sheet and make a cover and then get it chromed but ultimately even that would get damaged which is why I was trying to source black rubber channel in the first place

Comment

Keith
        if you go to the trouble of making a plate, use stainless steel. It can be polished and will be very hard wearing.
        Mike

Comment

Good point Mike. In fact I may be able to get some stainless channel

Comment

Working...
          X