Berlinetta Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlinetta Doors

I am stipping the doors down on my Berlinetta ready for repair and painting. But the glass does not want to come through the bottom of the door without stripping the winder chanels first.
    I do not remember having this problem when I built my Berlinetta in the 80'S (not the same car). Should the gap be enough to fit windows with chanels fitted or do I have to try and fit the chanels in the door?

I also want to remove the quarter windows but these seem well stuck any suggestions to removing them without breaking them.

Re: Berlinetta Doors

Hi Phil.
    We fitted two little cross straps of strip alloy to each door bottom across the width to stop the doors skins spreading. If these are removed you should then be able to force the skins apart just a little to remove the glass complete with channel. The quarter windows should have been fixed with silicone, so cutting into this up the side of the glass/ grove, should start a little movement. However it was quite common for these to come loose and move or even fall out so some other substance may have been used by the previous owner. Good Luck.
    Danny.

Comment

Re: Berlinetta Doors

Thanks Danny that is how I remembered it, these doors have only been fitted with one strip at the bottom and they have moved slightly, I did not want to force them if I had remembered wrongly. I will redoY them with two straps. I also have the usual small amount of welding on the doors. I will try as you say to cut around the seal on the quarter windows.
      Thanks again Phil

Comment

Working...
      X