Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK2 Exhaust clamp

Hi Everyone.
    On my MK2 LWB there is a clamp welded to the side of the chassis to connect the exhaust to. On the SWB there isn’t one. Can someone tell me should one be there? If not why not etc.etc ?

Re: MK2 Exhaust clamp

Are you refering to the bracket under the running board on the N/S? If so my SWB has it. I thought it was standard, perhaps some previous owner has removed it.

Comment

Hi Hugh, Yep thats the one. If so they did a good job hidding the evidence.

Comment

Hi Adrian, on the early cars the bracket was not welded on and was added as the cars developed, your LWB is newer than your SWB

Comment

Hi Lee, How does it fix to the body work? Adrian

Comment

There is a pic of the mounting bracket in the build manual I have. It seems it has a crease which lines up with a line in the chassis rail and bolts on. Will try to scan a pic tonight. I guess though that it will have to go where it fits best. I am just sorting out my own exhaust brackets on the Romero, nothing on the chassis (and of course no brackets with what I bought) so I was going to make some from a bit of angle. I am going to use two, one at each end of the silencer - I have flexi pipe from the down pipe to the silencer so cant rely on any stiffness there. A couple of rubber bobbins should be enough to absorb vibrations.

Comment

Hi Adrian,

Because the engine twists when you 'gun it', twice I cracked the exhaust manifold because there wasn't enough freedom of movement with the exhaust bolted to the bracket via the rubber exhaust bush. I had a S/Steel flexible welded to the bottom of the manifold and that seems to have done the trick. A while ago I was in having some new tyres fitted and I spotted an exhaust system they had just removed which had a S/Steel flexible on it. I scrounged it and if you want it it is yours. Give me a call.

Comment

Hi Keith Yes please!!!!!

I always say one good turn deserves another.

Comment

Working...
                X